The Annual Christmas Parade will roll on Saturday, December 4, 2021 at 5:00pm with appropriate COVID-19 safety protocols and practices in placeNovember 24, 2021
LDWF partners with Our Lady of the Isle Church in Grand Isle to provide Thanksgiving meals for residentsNovember 24, 2021
Small Business Saturday celebrates shopping local and it’s held the day after Black Friday, November 27, 2021.
Small Business Saturday was first celebrated in 2010 and created by American Express. After the success of the first year, people took notice, and the Senate unanimously passed a resolution in support of the day in 2011. Small Business Saturday has only grown since then.
Locally, our community has a slew of small local businesses that participate in the day. Here are some small businesses you can shop from!
- Paisley Park Paisley Park is an adorable children’s resale small business owned by Jennifer Robinson. The store has grown tremendously in popularity and offers not only clothes, but baby equipment, toys, shoes, and even items for mommy. They are located at 6861 W Park Avenue in Houma!
- Outside and In Outside and In has almost anything you can imagine when it comes to gifts, and the name’s fitting because they offer anything from patio furniture to that perfect home interior piece for someone special. They also offer personalization of gifts and gift wrapping services. They are located at 623 Corporate Drive.
- La Boujee Boutique La Boujee Boutique is located in the heart of Downtown Houma and has everything a girl can want. From beautiful clothes and handbags to match to jewelry that will make any girl smile, they are your one-stop shop! Check them out at 300 Belanger Street, Suite A.
- 4L Mercantile 4L Mercantile is shocking when you walk in. You might think It’s a boutique, but it’s much more. Shop for unique and special items. They carry an assortment of accessories and lifestyle apparel for the whole family! They’re located at 1795 Martin Luther King Blvd. Suite L & M in Houma.
- Indigo Boutique Indigo is owned by Victoria Giglio who was inspired to own a boutique since she was 15 years old when she walked into a Saks Fifth Avenue in New York City. It was then she knew fashion was a passion and not just a statement. Indigo Boutique not only has fashionable clothing, but accessories, interior gifts, bath and body items, and more! They are located at 1795 Martin Luther King Blvd.
- JuJus Boutique JuJus is located at 411 Corporate Dr. Suite H in Houma and will have you styled to the max. They have the cutest clothes, shoes, hats, and more and make the perfect stop for that gal in your life!
- HeirLoom by Herringstone’s HeirLoom by Herringstone’s expanded to the Houma area in 2019 and has grown since. The first store was opened by sisters Debbie Herrington and Cindy Stone in 1989 in Monore, Louisiana. They now have five locations that offer clothing, shoes, fashion pieces, and more! Visit them at 1795 B, Martin Luther King Blvd Ste. K.
- God’s Promises Books & Gifts This gem is located at 648 Corporate Drive and offers a wide selection of Bibles, books, baby, wedding, memorial, and general gifts as well as a large selection of jewelry, medals, Rosaries, and care items.
- Felger’s Footwear Felger’s is well known for not only a great selection of shoes but their unmatchable quality of service. It’s a family-owned business that has served Houma since 1991 and will be expanding soon! They are located at 1539 Martin Luther King Blvd suite 116.
- Fakier’s Fakier jewelers is located at 7947 W Main Street in downtown Houma. They carry a Louisiana tradition that began over 90 years ago with a promise made by George Fakier, Sr. to bring to his customers quality jewelry and the best personal service imaginable. His family still holds true to that original vision today forming a partnership of excellence and generations of trust.
- Lil’ Sweet Pea’s Boutique Get that perfect gift for your little sweet pea! They have a Houma, 1795B Suites D & E MLK Blvd., location and a Cutoff location at 17020 West Main Street. They offer a traditional style children’s boutique with a sass flair. They offer sizes pre-16 for girls and pre-4t for boys. They also offer shoes, skincare, blankets, and more!
- Andree’s Baby Boutique Andree’s Baby Boutique is a family-run business that believes in bringing high-quality, traditional, Southern clothing to the Thibodaux community. They offer adorable options for your littles and have Christmas arrivals in stock! They also have various other gift options such as stuffed animals, blankets, and more! They are located at 416 Jackson Street.
- The Bead Hive This small business offers custom jewelry and handmade Louisiana treasures. From interior decorating items to Louisiana gifts, they have unique finds for everyone! They are located at 408 W 4th Street.
- Chic Chateau Interiors & Gifts This shop is located at 705 W 3rd Street in downtown Thibodaux and has gifts for everyone. Their abundance of beautiful jewelry, gorgeous interior items, handbags, and chic environment will have you in all of the holiday feels!
- Dear Boutique Dear Boutique is locally owned and operated and they pride themselves on offering the latest styles that are comfy, easy fitting, and won’t break the bank. They will have Small Business Saturday specials and can be visited at 700 W 3rd Street in Thibodaux!
- Gumbo Weather Gumbo Weather has the most unique and special gift ideas. From gorgeous cutting boards to witty kitchen towels, this locally owned business has everything you need for your southern essentials! Located at 702 West 3rd Street.
- Luco Boutique This boutique is a fun, fresh, friendly women’s boutique located in the historic downtown area of Thibodaux. They specialize in creating that perfect look for fashionistas and offer styles and sizes for all age groups at an affordable price! Check them out at 407 West 4th Street.
- South Coast Baby Company The South Coast Baby Company is owned by mama and entrepreneur Kelly who worked as a family therapist before having her first child. With the support of her husband, she jumped into the business in 2018. The store offers anything imaginable for those littles in your life. From toys to cloth diapers, to diaper bags, and much more! They’re located at 708 West 3rd Street.
- Sugar Boutique This boutique has all the pretty jewelry, shoes, and clothes for that someone special in your life. They also have fabulous gifts for kids and adults alike. They are located at 516 West 2nd Street.
- Three Stitches Embroidery & Gifts Located at 407 West 4th Street in downtown Thibodaux, Three Stitches offers not only embroidery services but also screen printing. They also have the most adorable gift options, bath and body products, apparel, and all your holiday needs!
- Papillon Papillon is a boutique thrift and artists collective store located at 310 St Philip Street. They have various clothes, products, and accessories available for browsing!