We all know you have to wear green on St. Patrick’s Day to avoid getting pinched. We also all know someone who would rather get pinched then eat green things! But what if it was super tasty and also super easy to make?
Just in time for St. Patrick’s Day, let’s make arugula flatbreads! These easy to make versions of pizza go over well in my house because the kids are more likely to eat something if they can make it themselves. The crisp arugula is tender and tangy to the taste. Enjoy your leafy greens this March!
Flatbread With White Cheese and Arugula
• 2 store bought flat breads
• 6 pieces of bacon, cooked and chopped
• 3 cups grated Italian fontina cheese
• 1 1/2 cups grated fresh mozzarella cheese
• 16 ounces creamy goat cheese, crumbled
• 8 ounces baby arugula
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Spicy garlic oil:
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 4 cloves garlic crushed
• 5 sprigs fresh thyme
• 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1. Combine ingredients to make spicy garlic oil. Brush the oil onto the flatbreads, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Sprinkle the flatbreads evenly with the cheeses and bacon.
3. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes at 350 degrees until the cheese begins to bubble. Remove from oven.
4. Toss the arugula with lemon juice and honey, then divide between the flatbreads.
5. Cut and serve.