Let’s Get Grillin’
While summer may be winding down as kids go back to school, the days are still long offering plenty of daylight for evening grilling.
The classic summer ballpark food, the hot dog, is more than just a quick meal for children. By simply dressing up the toppings, you can create a gourmet meal perfect for one last hoorah by the pool or a last minute movie night under the stars.
Fun options for hot dogs include homemade slaw; bacon, lettuce and tomato; condiments like chipotle mayonnaise or honey BBQ mustard; corn salsa; or even using po-boy bread to hold more toppings. The sky’s the limit! Experiment and have fun!
Nacho Hot Dogs
1. In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine the milk with the butter and microwave on high power until the milk is warm and the butter is melted, 30 seconds. Add the cheese and beer and microwave on high power until the cheese is just melted, 30 seconds. Stir until smooth.
2. Grill your hot dogs.
3. Inside each open bun, place half the crushed chips and a warm hot dog.
4. Drizzle each with the cheese sauce and sprinkle the remaining chips.
5. Garnish with sour cream, salsa, cilantro, jalapenos, etc.
• 4 all-beef hot dogs
• 2 tablespoons whole milk
• 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
• 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
• 3 tablespoons beer, preferably lager
• 4 hot dog buns
• 2 ounces cheese-flavored tortillas chips, preferably Doritos, crushed
• 2 ounces tortilla chips, crushed
• Sour cream, salsa, cilantro leaves, thinly sliced scallions and sliced pickled jalapeños for garnish
Yes, wine in a can can be delicious! These cute, delicious, take-anywhere bubbly wines in a can pair well with literally everything. Each Babe offers a little something special. The bubbly Rosé was the first wine offered and can be enjoyed with nearly any meal or during any activity. For red and white offerings, Babe added their Pinot Grigio and a Red blend of cabernet and syrah.