The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (DOTD) announced that the South Lafourche Bridge will be closed to vehicular traffic from Monday, October 7 to Thursday, October 10.
The bridge will be closed from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. - before and after school hours at the nearby South Lafourche High School.
The closures are required in order to allow DOTD's in-house bridge repair personnel to perform structural repairs to the moveable steel span.
The bridge will be closed to motorists but will remain open to marine traffic.
Outside of the aforementioned times for vehicular closures, the bridge will be under normal operation.
Alternate routes to cross Bayou Lafourche during this bridge closure are as follows:
(*DOTD recommended routes)
- To the North: Cote Blanche Pontoon Bridge in Cut Off
- To the North: Le Pont D’Or Lift Bridge in Cut Off
- To the North: *New Larose Vertical Lift Bridge in Larose
- To the South: Galliano Pontoon Bridge in Galliano
- To the South: *Golden Meadow Lift Bridge in Golden Meadow
For more information about local bridges, visit Lafourche Parish Government’s Bridge List: