Terrebonne Booking Log: 12/25/2020December 25, 2020
UPDATE: Stolen boat has been found, HPD saysDecember 26, 2020
The Nicholls State University men’s basketball program (2-3) will take on LSU (4-1) this afternoon in Baton Rouge.
This is the Colonels’ first game in two weeks due to COVID-19 protocol.
The game can be watched on ESPN”S SEC Network.
Click here to listen to the play-by-play and here to follow the live stats.
Tip-off is scheduled for 1 p.m.
The following is a program breakdown provided by geauxcolonels.com:
- Austin Claunch remains in his third season at the helm for the Red & Gray, sporting a 37-30 (22-16 SLC) overall record with the Colonels.
- The team boasts seven seniors: G Kevin Johnson, C Ryghe Lyons, G Jeremiah Buford, G Andre Jones, G Jaylen Fornes, F Damien Sears and G Shawn Williams.
- This year’s roster is highlighted by 11 newcomers, including: six transfers from fellow Division I collegiate programs, two who joined the ranks via JUCO programs and another trio who signed on directly from high school. Of the six DI transfers, three — redshirt senior G Jaylen Fornes (UNC-Wilmington) along with redshirt juniors G Isaac Johnson (Western Illinois) and F Najee Garvin (Charlotte) — are of specific note, as each enter the season with one full year with the program after sitting out 2019-20 due to NCAA transfer restrictions.
- This season’s depth chart features seven players from across the state of Louisiana, a pair from Little Rock, Ark., and one from each of the following: North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Mississippi, Alabama, Minnesota and Texas.
- The Colonels were projected to finish fourth in the Southland Conference, per the league’s preseason poll. Notably, Nicholls had yet to notch a single-digit ranking since the 2014-15 poll, in which the Red & Gray pulled off an eighth-place finish.
- Nicholls returns two of last season’s five starters: senior G Kevin Johnson and redshirt senior G Andre Jones.
Photo courtesy of Nicholls Men’s Basketball social media.