5 Ways Technology Can Help You Achieve New Year’s Resolutions
(StatePoint) You may have a long list of New Year’s resolutions. Luckily, these days, your efforts can be simplified with the use of technology. Check out these high-tech ways to achieve your 2019 goals:
• Focusing: An ancient practice with renewed popularity today, the benefits of meditation can’t be overstated. If you’re resolving to meditate in the New Year, you may be hard pressed to actually go about it, particularly if you haven’t meditated before. Luckily, there are plenty of handy apps available that can lead you through a guided practice. From Headspace to Stop, Breathe & Think, a calmer day is at your fingertips.
• Staying Active: If staying active is a struggle for you, consider some wearable tech for that needed jolt of motivation. Whether you are already an outdoor enthusiast or an aspiring one, a watch that’s also an activity tracker, compass, altimeter and more is a great tool for getting active in the New Year. For example, the WSD-F30 from the PRO TREK Smart series has Bluetooth connectivity, Wi-Fi and enables the use of offline maps and GPS log recording for up to three consecutive days. And because it is water-resistant up to 50 meters and boasts environmental durability built to military specifications, it’s a sound choice no matter what your 2019 plans include — be it mountain biking, hiking or whitewater rafting.
• Making Music: Resolving to finally learn to play the piano? The struggle to learn a new skill can be disheartening. Learn to make music in a way that’s intuitive and fun so that you stick with it. New models of keyboards often offer features that can help. The CT-X700 from Casio is an affordable option that features a Step-Up lesson system that displays proper fingering and notation so you can quickly learn songs, and a six-track recorder is waiting for you when you are ready to put your new skills to the test and record your music.
• Boosting Knowledge: Taking on a foreign language in the New Year is easier than ever before. Whereas in the past, you may have been inclined to buy language CDs and sit in a quiet room to study, now apps such as Duolingo are allowing language learners to squeeze in lessons and practice whenever they have downtime.
• Getting Organized: With tax season on the horizon, and the perennial importance of building savings and having good credit, if you resolve to organize one aspect of your life in the New Year, let it be your finances. Use next generation tools to do so, like the HR-170RC, a printing calculator, which can help you find discrepancies, keep records and get a great start to 2019. Be sure to look for features like fast, two-color printing, tax keys, a calendar and multicolor display.
This new year, achieve your resolutions with style and ease, using up-to-date technologies to learn new skills, get organized and more.
Photo Credit: (c) tortoon / stock.Adobe.com