Confession time: I’m just not into the pumpkin-flavored whatever it is you’re selling. Coffee, jelly beans, waffles… No thanks. Truthfully, I don’t even care for pumpkin pie or cheesecake. But when it comes to decor, give me all the pumpkins!
I have been known to go a tad crazy at our local pumpkin patches, searching through rows and rows to find the perfect one. I love the oddly colored and shaped ones: the greenish-gray ones or the ones with wart-like bumps.
So when it comes to my personal choice for fall food, I’d rather enjoy something pumpkin-shaped, instead of pumpkin-flavored! Enter the pumpkin-shaped cheese ball! Easy to make, and even easier to eat, this cheese ball is simple to create for Halloween or even Thanksgiving gatherings.
• 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temp
• 1 (1.1 ounce) package fiesta ranch dip mix
• 1/2 of a bell pepper, chopped small (save the stem for “pumpkin” top)
• 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
• 2 green onions, finely chopped
• 3/4 cup finely crushed cheddar chips (we used cheddar cheese Pringles)
1. Add all ingredients except the crushed cheddar chips to a bowl and mix until combined
2. Shape the cheese into a ball or pumpkin shape and wrap in plastic wrap.
3. Place in the fridge till firm (about 2 hours).
4. Roll the cheese ball in the crushed chips and top with the bell pepper stem.
5. To create the dented stripes in the pumpkin, you can use a piece of string or yarn. Press the yarn into the cheese ball, starting at the top and make your way down to the bottom.
6. Serve with crackers, black bean chips, or fresh veggies.
Don’t let this tarantula frighten you! Tarantula Azul is the ultimate shooter. A smooth blend of premium tequila and crisp citrus liqueur delivers an invigorating icy-blue shot like nothing you’ve ever tasted before. It stands apart with its intense flavor and smooth finish. It’s the bite without the burn, a flash of flavor without the aftertaste.
With its distinct Arctic blue hue, formidable flavor, and silky finish, Tarantula Azul is the perfect shooter to add to a hauntingly good event! POV