All lit up!
When I was younger, one of my favorite parts of the holiday season was loading up in the station wagon with our whole family and driving around to look at lights.
As a huge fan of “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation”, my personal favorite was the real, live Griswold house on Cleveland Street. To my surprise as an adult, I became friends with the family who still hosts this spectacular light show. It’s been a tradition as long as I can remember to pass by to see their home on Christmas Eve. Many years later, I happily now bring my son to see to lights and take a picture with Santa.
While it seems not as many neighborhoods still go as “all out” as I recall, there are still some beautifully decorated homes in our area.
We polled our reading audience last week for your favorite homes and neighborhoods to enjoy Christmas lights. Please add in the comments if we didn’t mention your favorite!
- Bayou Blue Dancing Lights (145 Gabriel St., Houma)
- Giroir Family Light Show (306 Hwy. 20, Chackbay)
- Usey Family Lights (220 Bart Street, Bourg)
- McElroy Light Show (142 Cleveland Street, Houma)
- Andras Family Light Show (1404 Lee Drive, Thibodaux)
- Idlewild Drive, Houma
- Natalie and Mona Kay Lane in Broadmoor (Houma)